Pacari Chocolate Ltd is a family owned business founded in 2008 by Carla Barbota and Santiago Peralta. The company’s goal is to produce some of the finest organic chocolates from Ecuador. Peralta and Barboto decided to create a company centred upon socially and environmentally safe principles in order to guarantee that their products recognized the well being of the land as well as the culture surrounding it. Combining an interest in environmentally friendly business with a dedication to protecting the local Arriba Nacional cacao, they created Pacari Chocolate – the very first single-origin organically grown chocolate created exclusively in Ecuador. The name Pacari, which means “nature” in the Quechua language, was chosen to communicate the idea that the company’s products are all about nature and pure Ecuadorian cacao. Pacari is a Fair Trade chocolate company, producing fair wages for small-scale farmers and labourers.
For this delightful treat, cacao beans are roasted to perfection and coated in a fine layer of chocolate with a dusting of cocoa powder for a maximum amount of cacao flavour in each bite sized morsel. Cocoa-Cacao is available in banana, ginger and natural.
Pacari Chocolate Bars
Pacari’s origin bars are produced from the highest quality cacao beans organically produced in 3 separate regions of Ecuador. These delightfully delicious bars include the following:
- Manabi – This 65% bar offers a fruity citrus aroma with soothing nut and floral tones.
- Los Rios – A 72% cacao bar that exhibits the delightful aromas of the tropical rain forest with subtle floral notes and slight roasted coffee and guanabana tones.
- Esmeraldas – An exciting combination of honey, banana and floral flavours, this 60% cacao bar offers an intense experience.
Pacari Raw Chocolates
Pacari’s raw chocolate bars are created through minimal processing of the ingredients and low temperature storage to seal in natural antioxidants and complex cacao flavours. Pacari’s raw chocolate is available in the following variations:
- Raw 100% Cacao—Subtle fruit undertones and spicy flavour mix delightfully with the slight bitterness and acidity of the pure organic cacao.
- Raw 70% Cacao—An exquisite combination of citrus flower with subtle hints of nuts and jasmine that simply dances on the tongue with the strong cacao flavour sealed within.
Pacari Covered Chocolates
Pacari’s covered collection pairs a variety of enchanting flavours with cacao nibs, coffee beans and fruits and coats them in their own organic dark chocolate for a delightful bite sized sensation in every mouthful. The covered collection includes:
- Pacari Chocolate Covered Golden Berries
- Pacari Chocolate Covered Guava
- Pacari Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs
- Pacari Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Pacari Dark Chocolate Covered Dried Bananas