I’ve just recieved a long Press Rease from Divine, so I though I’d try and distill the main points – and there is a lot to take in. They’re certainly getting involved!
- Divine are involved with Chocolate Week
- They’re actually doing loads with the event
- They’ve launched a 85% dark chocolate bar from Ghanaian cocoa (obviously) that they’ll be getting people to try at the event.
- A bar of this intense sounding chocolate bar arrived this morning (at 7:30am!!)
- A number of top chefs have got involved:
- Tom Aikens (has two Michelin stars) has created a recipe for a Divine Chocolate Fudge Cake – now I want to try that!
- Gregg Wallace – from MasterChef has created a recipe called Divine Chocolate Pots
- Harriet Esatwood, from the C4 show Cook Yourself Thin has created a Divine Beetroot Brownies recipe
- Lily Vanilli has created the Devil’s Delight Divine Cupcakes
- Divine are working with The Berinet Kitchen cookery school in Bath and has created a recipe for Chocolate Fondant with Cherries which uses the new 85% bar.
- They’re also working with The Pudding Club in The Cotswalds and will be running two Chocoholics Weekends (where’s my invite ;-) ) and Divine’s chocolatier will be running workshops there on 9th and 10th October and demonstrations on 16th and 17th October.
- They’ll be also be incorporating a Divine Chocolate a la cart and set menu – which sounds delicious
- As well as a Divine Guilty Pleasures Afternoon Tea which will have chocolate scones, chocolate flapjacks, chocolate flapjacks etc [Ed: drool]
- The winner of the Oberserver Food Monthly’s Best Vegetarian Restaurant -Terre à Terre – (who also make great chocolate truffles) will be hosting a Divine chocolate workshop with Divine Chocolate’s master chocolatier David Greenwood-Haigh on 13th October.
- You can also have Afternoon Tea at The Orangery at Kensington Palace with two special Divine pastries.
- Hotel du Vin, The Oriental, Drakes Hotel and Hotel Una in Brighton will be serving cocktails madw with Divine chocolate. Sanderson Hotel in the West End will also be getting involved and offering a Divinitini. The K West Hotel in London will be offering a Divine Choktail along with 15% off chocolate spa treatments.
Woh! There’s a lot there! And that’s just from Divine!!