[Please see the press release for Chocolate Week, which I’ll be attending and taking part where I can :-)]
Chocolate Week, the nations favourite themed week, kicks off on 11th October this year and culminates in a dedicated chocolate show, Chocolate Unwrapped, at Vinopolis on 16th & 17th October.
Chocolate Week promotes the exceptional chocolatiers we now have in the UK, the fantastic chocolates they produce and encourages people to visit our wonderful, indulgent chocolate shops. The week is choc full of talks, tastings, demonstrations, sampling, chocolate themed meals, chocolate cocktails, sculptures, recipes and much more. Chocolatiers and chocolate shops such as Artisan du Chocolat, Auberge du Chocolat, Charbonnel et Walker, Chococo, Demarquette, Divine, Gorvett & Stone, Hotel Chocolat, La Maison du Chocolat, Melt, Paul a Young, Paul Wayne Gregory, Rococo, Sir Hans Sloane, Thorntons, William Curley and many more around the country all take part.
There are hundreds of events currently being planned. Here’s a taster:
- Chocolate Unwrapped – unwrapping real chocolate. A dedicated chocolate show with the UK’s finest chocolate companies including Artisan du Chocolat, William Curley, Paul a Young, Rococo, Hotel Chocolat, Thorntons and many more. The show includes chocolate experiences, links to cacao plantations, tastings, a chocolate wall, chocolate art and sculptures and even chocolate personality readings. Taking place at Vinopolis on 16th & 17th October. www.chocolate-unwrapped.co.uk
Tickets £10 on the door or £7.50 in advance from: http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=xxx&query=schedule&promoter=chocolateweek
- William Curley, renowned chocolatier to set up shop at Claridge’s for the week creating his signature chocolate mousses and pastries for the hotels famous afternoon tea menu.
- Chocolate quiz hosted by Sudi Pigott, author of ‘How to be a better Foodie’ at Northbank Restaurant, London.
- Artisan du Chocolat will be making their own chocolate from the bean, by hand with a select group of chocolate fans who will be involved in every stage from sorting the beans, roasting and winnowing, to the final product which will be sold in-store during the week.
- Eric Lanlard, Master Patissiere and cake maker to the stars to take part.
- Divine chocolate are collaborating with top chefs including Richard Bertinet, Alan Coxon, Harriet Eastwood, Sam Stern and cupcake queen Lily Vanilli. Look out for Divine menu’s at restaurants around the UK including Acorn House and Terre a Terre.
- Launch of Sarah Jane Evans’s book, Chocolate Unwrapped: Taste and Enjoy The World’s Finest Chocolate. Sarah Jane profiles more than 80 of the world’s leading fine chocolate producers and gives tasting notes on selected bars.
- Tasting events and activities at Selfridges, Harrods and Fortnum & Mason
- La Maison du Chocolat tastings every day in-store in Piccadilly and at Harrods.
- The Bingham Hotel, Richmond are holding a gala chocolate dinner with William Curley in aid of Chefs Adopt a School.
We’ll be announcing many more exciting events over the coming weeks. Chocolate Week is going to be a truly wonderful, incredibly delicious week of real chocolate.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org mbl: 07801 442733 for more information on Chocolate Week or for an informed spokesperson to talk about chocolate and the UK chocolate industry.