So you’re looking for looking for to buy a chocolate making workshop? The problem is that there’s just so much choice! There don’t seem to be any particularly focused on kids or young children, so I’ll come up with other ideas if you’re looking for chocolate activities for kids (such as the Chocolate Party For Kids). The chocolate making workshops are mainly focused on adults, probably because there’s a great deal of skill involved.
You can generally get chocolate making workshops for one or two people, so if you’re buying one as a Christmas or birthday gift for a loved-one then think if it’d be better if they went on their own or would be better off if another person went with them. Some people are a bit shy and may not like to be in a new group when they don’t know other people, but there again some people might prefer to enjoy the experience without you. Also the chocolate making workshop for two activity gift may also be a great gift for couples or parents as they can enjoy the experience together and make it a memorable day.
Chocolate Making Workshops – Where To Buy Online
I’ve just found out that you can do a private chocolate making workshop for groups with Treatme! It costs from £75 per person, but you’ve got to call them to get a price. And they can do groups from 8 to 35 people.
If you’ve got a thing for Green & Blacks too you can get specific Green & Blacks chocolate making workshops from Virgin Experience Days too. They cost from £59 for one or £109 for too.
What Do You Get?
Well most of them will be slightly different to each other. But you’ll usually get an introduction to the people and what you’ll be doing, a rundown of where chocolate comes from, how it’s made, be shown how to make it and actually get the chance to make some yourself in some practical sessions and, of course, get to take them home to inflict on your victims at home or give those fantastic chocolates to your loved-ones.
Chocolate Making Voucher Codes
Also don’t forget that you can also combine the purchase of chocolate activity gifts with voucher codes. Here’s a selection we’ve found:
- Into The Blue – Save £5 when you spend over £25 – valued until 31st August 2010.
Chocolate Making Workshop Activity Gift Locations
But where do they have the chocolate making workshops? Well, I’ll try and summarise here:
- Into The Blue do them in London in a 1950’s style chocolate factory just into the East-End of London (Clerkenwell) with the closest tube stations being Chancery Lane and Farringdon. They also do chocolate courses in London (The Queens Club, West Kensington), Bournemouth – Chocolate Boutique Hotel at West Cliff, Bath in the Redcar Hotel, Brighton at the Langfords Hotel on the seafront and Oxford at the Oxford Spires Four Pillars Hotel in the centre of Oxford.
- The Green & Blacks workshops take place in Brighton, Greater Manchester and Hatton Square, London.
- Getting Personal have them in Bournemouth, Bristol, Dorset, London, Whitefield and Manchester
- Asda have them in London, Brighton, Bournemouth, Bath, Warwickshire and Birmingham.
- Find Me A Gift have them in London; Whitefield, Manchester; Bournemouth, Dorset, Stratford upon Avon / Leamington Spa / Birmingham.
- Activity Superstore do them in Dorset – Bournemouth, East Sussex – Hove, Greater Manchester – Whitefield, London – Central London, Oxfordshire – Oxford, Somerset – Bath, Warwickshire – Leamington Spa, West Midlands – Birmingham, West Midlands – Stratford-upon-Avon.
- PrezzyBox do them in Manchester and Merseyside.
Chocolate Making Workshops – Restrictions & Advice
There are a few things that may be worth bearing in mind:
- Well most of them are for over 14 years old’s only so bare that in mind (under 18’s may need parental consent) but Getting Personal State that the minimum age restriction is 18. Also you’ll need an open mind and don’t mind getting messy!
- The Green & Blacks chocolate making workshops mainly run on Sundays and selected weekday evenings, so you’ll need to check availability.
- You may need to think about any dietary requirements as I’m sure there’ll be nuts and milk, gluten involved
- Don’t forget to enquire about disabled access if its required.
- The workshop will often last between 2 1/2 and 3 hours, so make sure you’ve got enough time and plan your transportation accordingly.
- Check the validity of the voucher as some like PrezzyBox are valid for only 6 months, whilst others are valid for 10 or 12 months.
- Buy A Gift also has the chocolate making workshops in Manchester and Merseyside.
Chocolate Making Workshops – What Should I bring?
Make sure you wear clothes that you don’t mind getting covered in chocolate. Obviously you’ll be able to wash your hands etc. whilst you’re there, but you might always want to bring wet-wipes too?
Chocolate Making Workshop Reviews & Comments
At Buy A Gift they had this comment:
This Chocolate Making Workshop was chocoholic heaven! We got to sample some delicious Belgian chocolates before having a go at creating our own. The first ones I made were a bit messy but I got the hang of it after a while and the finished box of chocolates I got to take home were not too bad! They tasted gorgeous! Best gift experience ever!