And now for a guest review from my friend Natasha who’s just started the Natasha’s Kitchen tasty recipes website. Hopefully you can all welcome her to food blogging. Here Natasha has mixed my two favourite things chocolate and cheesecake. I’ll be seeing her and her father later on in the year, and I expect some of this cheesecake to come with her!
- 3oz (75g) butter or margarine
- 6oz (175g) chocolate digestive biscuits
- 150ml water
- 2tbsp gelatine
- 12oz (350g) full fat soft cheese
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 300ml double cream
- 4oz (100g) Green and Blacks milk chocolate
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix the gelatine and water together and leave to soak.
- Lightly oil a 22cm (8 ½ inch) spring-release cake tin, base line with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
- Crush the biscuits finely, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the crumbs. Press into the base of the prepared tin and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Beat the cheese and sugar until smooth, beat in the egg yolks and stir in the gelatine mixture.
- Melt the chocolate and add it to the cheese concoction, stir in the cocoa powder.
- Lightly whip the cream and fold into the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cheese mixture. Pour into the prepared tin and place in the fridge 3-4 hours until firm.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin, decorate with chocolate curls and enjoy!
- Serves 8