Bernard Castelain, located in the Chateauneuf du Pape vineyards of France, has been operating since 1994 and produces some of the finest high quality French chocolates available. Following traditional chocolate recipes and a love for chocolate, Bernard is dedicated to providing customers with the excellent and luxurious confectionary creations people have come to expect from the famous French chocolatier.
Besides the traditional French chocolates, Bernard Castelain also produces a number of specialty chocolates unique only to the chocolatier.
- Le Palet des Papes—Chateauneuf-du-Pape brandy is infused into a dark chocolate ganache and covered in dark chocolate.
- La Picholine—Perfectly roasted almonds are coated in a dark chocolate and then covered in a thin layer of white chocolate tinted to the color of the Provencal olive trees throughout the vineyard.
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape’s Pebbles—Bernard Castelain’s Pebbles are almonds roasted to perfection and coated in dark chocolate. These coated almonds are then covered in a white chocolate tinted to the color of the pebbles that are located within the vineyard to absorb the rays of the sun and distribute the heat throughout the vineyard at night.
- Le Bouchon de Châteauneuf-du-Pape—A truffle paste is infused with a Châteauneuf-du-Pape brandy and covered in a delightful dark chocolate.
Bernard Castelain Chocolate Bars
Bernard Castelain produces a wide range of quality chocolate bars made from the finest cacao beans harvested in Africa and South America. Some of the more popular chocolate bars created by Bernard Castelain include:
- Dark chocolate (72%)—A traditional dark chocolate made from quality cacao beans from Africa and South America.
- Dark chocolate 72% with dried fruits—Made from pure cocoa butter chocolate containing candied oranges and almonds
- Dark Extreme chocolate (85%)—A rich traditional dark chocolate designed specifically for the lover of extreme chocolate.
- Dark chocolate with coffee—The combination of African and South American chocolate with coffee gives this bar an exceptional flavor.
- Milk Tradition (37%)—Traditionally sweet milk chocolate made from pure cocoa butter.
- Milk chocolate with hazelnut splits—Sweet and silky milk chocolate with crunchy hazelnut splits.
- Milk Caramel—An irresistible combination of creamy milk chocolate and luscious caramel.
Bernard Castelain also creates a number of other fine quality chocolate confections such as candied orange peels, chocolate covered coffee beans and hazelnuts, praline bars, and chocolate bonbons.